Friday, August 27, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

Ah...help!  The summer is disappearing faster than I can keep up!  I have SO MUCH work to do before I go back to work and there just isn't enough time to get it all done!  I need my Fairy Godmother to stop time for a while so I can catch up! 
Ok...enough whining...I know the non-teachers out there are thinking "What's she complaining about...she just had 2 months off...?"  and they're right.  I shouldn't complain.  So here I am not complaining.

Now to today's post.  This is another Christmas card I did.  I call this "Over-the-top" Christmas because it took me nearly two hours to make.  I don't think I'll be doing many more of these and it likely won't find it's way into my class line-up, but it is pretty and was fun to make.


I started by stamping the Christmas Collage background stamp from the new Holiday Mini in Early Espresso.  I didn't worry too much about getting really even ink coverage because I wanted it to look somewhat faded.  I coloured the image using Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler markers.  I painted the bells using Platinum shimmer paint.  The centres of the flowers were dabbed with Gold Lamme Smooch accent ink.  I then punched out the "25" with the 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch.  I wove the Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon and adhered it behind the punched opening.  The whole thing is layered on Cherry Cobbler and then mounted on an Always Artichoke card base.  Not exactly easy or simple, but the end result was worth the effort.

Don't forget, the new mini goes live on September 1st, so request your copy today!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leena! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...