Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick and Easy Deck the Halls card

Simple holiday card using Deck the Halls DSP and Perfect Punches stamp set


 Today's post is a quickie I made last weekend from scraps that were left on my stamping table after I finished prepping for some classes.  I was determined to use up some of my huge scrap pile and I'm happy to say I was successful!
Inside of card.  Sentiment is from the Many Merry Messages set.
Close up of the embossed focal image




This card was really quick and uses a minimum of layers.  I started with a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of crumb cake cardstock to which I adhered the poinsettia printed DSP piece.  I layered two more smaller pieces of the holly print DSP at right angles to eachother.  I tied some very vanilla seam binding ribbon over the holly DSP and tied it to look like a gift. 
For the focal image, I stamped the Joy at Christmas sentiment in versamark on very vanilla cardstock and then heat embossed it in gold.  I punched it out using my 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch.  I layered it on a 2" circle in brushed gold and a 2 3/8" scalloped circle in early espresso.  I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  I then adhered the whole card front to an early espresso card base.
The inside of the card uses another piece of the poinsettia print DSP.  I stamped the sentiment in early espresso ink on very vanilla cardstock.  I punched it out using a 2" circle punch and then layered it on a 2 3/8" scalloped circle in brushed gold and a 2 1/2" circle in early espresso.  I added a little elegance with three little pearls...I love using embellishments INSIDE a card!

That's it...quick and easy.  The gorgeous paper does all the work on this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...