Saturday, February 12, 2011

A simple Valentine's Workshop card

Since the big day is on Monday, I figured I'd post a couple more Valentine's cards this weekend.  Today's card is one I did as the Make-n-Take at a workshop on Thursday night.  It was pretty fast and easy to put together...ideal for a workshop!

Simple Valentine's card CASED from a fellow demo on Stampin' Connection.  (Sorry, I can't remember who!)
To speed up the make-n-take process, I pre-punched all the hearts.  That way everyone just took a handful and went right to work.  Since there were 10 ladies at my workshop, and I only have one of each punch, it was a good decision!  Here is what we did...
Starting with a 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" piece of whisper white cardstock, we randomly glued hearts of various sizes in real red and pretty in pink on the upper 2/3 of the cardstock.  The hearts were punched using both the full heart and heart to heart punches.  Then we ran the cardstock through the Big Shot using the square lattice embossing folder.  This gives the illusion that the hearts are actually part of the white background.  We then adhered the embossed piece to a real red mat that was 5 1/4" x 4".  Using a piece of retired basic gray 3/8" taffeta ribbon, we wrapped it around the cardfront and adhered it to the back side using glue dots.  We then tied a bow using real red 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  The whole thing then was glued to a basic gray card base.  For the sentiment, we stamped "happy Valentine's Day" (from Teeny tiny Wishes set) in real red on whisper white scrap.  We punched it out using the word window punch and then layered it on a modern label punch out in basic gray.  We added two silver brads on either end of the modern label and then layered it on a wide oval punch out in real red using dimensionals.  We then adhered it to the card using SNAIL.  The ladies at the workshop loved this project...especially the Big Shot!  Such a great tool!!

Now I have to run...my husband is working today and I am on my own with my 3 1/2 year old!  Enjoy your Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog look, Leena!
    Gotta love MDS!
    TFS your workshop cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! All your cards on your blog are really nice. I am now following from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card!
    Following you from SC. Swing on by when you have time. :)
    littlemonkeystampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...