Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jammin' Stampers Green Card Challenge

This week we had our Jammin' Stampers team meeting at my upline's place.  She challenged us to create cards using our choice of green cardstock, crumb cake and very vanilla.  We were to use only one stamp set and one embellishment and NO sentiment.  It was very interesting to see what everyone came up with!  Some of us followed the rules more closely than others, but everyone created very different-looking cards.  Here are some of our creations...

Sympathy card made by my upline, Jamilla Ivits...she was one who missed the part about not using a sentiment...and SHE designed the challenge!!  (Don't worry, we gave her lots of grief about that one!)

Inside of Jamilla's Card...I love that butterfly!
Sweet card made by Christine Kokiw...love that little froggy!  By the way, this stamp set is one you can earn for FREE during Sale-A-bration!

My butterfly card, inspired by Nancy Riley.  I used the Inspired by Nature set and my Beautiful Wings embosslit die for the butterflies.

Inside of my card.
I found this challenge tough...it was really hard to create something using such a limited colour palette and no sentiment; but it was a good exercise to force myself to control my embellishment addiction...at least for a little while!

Tomorrow I am off with 65 students to perform at the Georgian Bay regionals for Musicfest Canada.  This is our national music competition and bands who qualify through the regional competitions get to perform at nationals in May.  My bands have been working hard all year to prepare and tomorrow is the big day.  We leave at 7:00 am to drive 2 1/2 hours to Collingwood, Ontario and then return around 11:00 pm tomorrow night.  Please pray for good weather as the drive at this time of year can be dicey.  I likely won't get time to post tomorrow, so I'll be back on Saturday with something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...