Sunday, March 27, 2011

What a week from hell...

...this has been!!  I can't believe how rough this week was!  My entire family was struck with this horrible stomach bug that absolutely knocked us flat.  My son took the brunt of it with violent stomach cramps, bloating and all the other nastiness that goes with the flu.  I can't tell you how heart wrenching it has been to listen to my sweet little boy screaming in pain all day long.  It has made my being sick that much harder because I haven't been able to help him.  Talk about feeling helpless!  I honestly don't know how parents of children with chronic health issues do it...I've been a complete mess! 
Anyhow...I'm happy to report that today was a turning point.  He almost seems like himself, full of the beans and talking non-stop.  He hasn't had cramping once today, so we are hopeful that the worst is finally over.  It has been a very long 10 days of this!  His big birthday bash is next Saturday, so he MUST be well by then!
Now, on to a card!  This card features the new Strength and Hope set from the up-coming Summer Mini catalogue as well as the items from the Spring is Blossoming promotion which begins April 1st (that's Friday...no fooling!)  I made this while I was completely out of it with the flu...I don't really know how I managed to put it together, but all the brads at the bottom have a story that goes with them.  First...the card:
Card featuring the Strength and Hope, Hope Happens and Four Frames sets as well as the Paisley Prints DSP

Close up of sentiment from the Hope Happens set as well as the frame from the Four Frames sneak peek set.

Inside of card.
I've shown you several other cards using the new Paisley Prints DSP, so you already know how gorgeous and rich the colours are.  These patterns are no different...just lovely!  The  text and the butterfly are from the Strength and Hope set which you'll see in the upcoming Summer Mini that goes live May 1st.  Two dollars from every sale of this set will be donated to the Breast Cancer Foundation, so not only are you getting a beautitul stamp set, but you are also helping out a very worthy cause with your purchase!  Be sure to request your Summer Mini from me before it goes live...send me an email to request your copy FREE!
The other special items on this card are from the up-coming Spring is Blossoming promotion, which begins April 1st.  The DSP and the Four Frames stamp set are both available for purchase only through this promotion...they will not be in any catalogue or mini until the new Idea Book and Catalogue is released July 1st.  You can purchase both of these sneak peek items with a qualifying order of just $25 during the month of April.  PLUS if you host a qualifying workshop in April you'll earn BOTH the DSP and the stamp set FREE in addition to all the fantastic regular hostess benefits!  WOOHOO...gotta love free stuff!!  Call or email to book your April workshop today and start planning which projects you are going to use these gorgeous items on!
Now...I have to tell you the story of the brads on this card.  There are a lot of them.  Yes, the card is very heavy.  No, I did not set out to design a card that weighed five pounds.  Here is what happened...
I sat down to make this card for a workshop that one of my new recruits was having.  I wanted to have some samples to give her that use the new promotional products.  Unfortunately I was in the early stages of the stomach flu while trying to put this card together.  I managed alright (except that I had to stamp the butterfly and text component twice...that's a whole other story) until it came time to poke the holes for the brads.  I had originally planned to just use two small brads...one on either side of the sentiment.  Then I had issues with my poker...it just wouldn't poke equally spaced holes!!  I tried and tried and kept ending up with holes that were uneven.  I even got out my ruler and measured...still no luck.  By the time I had holes that were sort of even I had so many holes that I now had to try to cover them up somehow!  Hence the extra LARGE brads.  They are covering the multitude of holes I poked!!  Thank goodness there is always a way to fix our mistakes...even if they do end up with a card that will cost $10 to mail!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...