Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!!

Today's post will be short, as I am busy cooking dinner and hiding eggs for my family.  I did want to take the chance to wish you all a very blessed Easter and to show you some cards from a recent swap I participated in.  Each month at our team meetings, my upline issues a challenge we have the option of participating in.  Those who do, generally make enough cards to swap with the rest of the group.  This month's challenge was to create Easter cards using the Regals colour family.  This was tough because we generally tend towards Subtles for spring and Easter.  That said, we all did a pretty good job and, interestingly, most gravitated toward More Mustard in our colour schemes!  Check these out!

This is my card...to be honest, I threw it together in the hour I had between getting home from work and leaving for the meeting!  (It kinda looks that way too!)

I do like this cross from the Crosses of Hope set...so pretty!  By the way, the colour combo here is from the Colour Coach...gotta love that thing!

Card by my sideline and friend, Christine Kokiw

Inside of Christine's card

Card by my upline, Jamilla Ivits

MDS Hybrid card by my brand new sideline (and fellow teacher), Shelley Shaw.  This is really cool as she used acetate for the card base...hence the depth in the background.
See what I mean about the More Mustard??  Whoda thought it was a spring colour?!?
I hope you enjoyed these cards and have a wonderful day with family and friends.  I wish you all a very blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...