Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday Card for Colton

My son's best friend, Colton, is having a  birthday this week and Max is SO excited.  The party is at Chuck E Cheese...enough said.  Colton is a sweet little boy who is having a tough go of it this year.  He lost his nanny in September and now his parents are splitting up...a lot for a 4-year-old to handle.  When last we saw Colton at Max's birthday party, he seemed so sad it almost broke my heart.  So I set out to  make him an extra-special birthday card.  Conveniently, the challenge for this week over at A La Card Monkey is a birthday+sketch:

Here is my fun birthday card for Colton:

Card for Monkey57 using Sweet Treats set and the sweet treat cups.

Close up of the sentiment from Flight of the Butterfly set

Inside of card
Isn't this fun?!?  I had a blast making this card!  I've had the sweet treat cups sitting around for ages and finally was inspired to try using them!  I am so pleased with the way this turned out...I sure hope it will put a smile on the birthday boy's face too!

6 comments:

  1. oh Leena that is too cute, I love how you used the sentiment from the butterfly set to make it look like it's coming from the gumball machine. Thanks again for joining over at a la card monkey.
    Cindy GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! This is such a cool card! I am so sorry to hear about Colton's situation. Hopefully this card will let him know how much he is valued and bring a big smile to his face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! These are soo cute!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is s-o-o-o-o cute! Thanks for sharing - and thank-you for becoming the first follower of my blog. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Super cute for a special boy! Aww...hugs to Colton. Thanks for playing along at A la Card Monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gumball card!! What a fun idea...and what little boy wouldn't love this card?! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...