Monday, June 13, 2011

A Black & White Threefer...

This week is going to be a little nutty.  It is the last full week of classes and as such I have a TON of marking to do, not to mention being out two nights this week for my senior recitals.  I likely won't have much time to stamp between now and Friday, never mind getting a photo taken and posting it for you.  I will do my best, but no promises.  The good news is that after this week my life becomes much simpler as I head into exams and the end of the school year...yippee!!
I did get a chance to whip up a quickie for you tonight.  It is a threefer for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge, the Handstamped Sentiments wedding challenge, as well as the Just Add Ink Black and White challenge.  First of all here is the 411 sketch:





 I like that this sketch is so simple...it made this card easy to pull together quickly...

Card for JAI71, HSSWD & SSC207...sorry about the blurry image...not sure what's up with my camera!

Sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, frame from Four Frames sets...and then of course there's the Medallion!

Inside of card

This was super fast and easy to put together...good thing because I had literally 15 minutes of stamping time before my husband left for the evening and I was on full-time Mommy-duty!  Here is what I did:

Starting with a piece of textured basic black cardstock I stamped the medallion image using frost white shimmer paint.  After it dried, I ran it through my Big Shot with my Finial Press embossing folder.  I tried sponging the edge using shimmer paint...don't try it...it doesn't work!  I just ended up with a gloopy mess, so I tore the edge of the cardstock to get rid of it.  I then layered it on a slightly larger piece of whisper white cardstock, which I also tore to match.  I wrapped a piece of white satin ribbon around and added a clear rhinestone brad.  I then stamped the frame and sentiment in basic black ink on a scrap of whisper white cardstock and then punched it out with my decorative label punch.  I added a row of rhinestones and adhered it to my card using dimensionals.  For this inside I stamped the medallion again in basic black on whisper white cardstock and adhered it.  See...told you this was a fast and easy one!

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for learning not to use shimmer paint to sponge edges of cardstock! Now I don't have to try it! Nice recovery though, had you not told me it was a mistake, I'd have thought the torn edge was on purpose - good save!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. Your embossing and the flourish of the Medallion stamp flow beautifully. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the effect of Frost White Shimmer Paint on the textured card stock - making a note of that!! Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! I love the giant medallion, and bling! Nice to see an easy card that provides so much WOW factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous B&W card...love the bling! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The medallion always makes a striking card - and in shimmer well its got to be pretty special. Great effect by embossing afterwards too. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leena, the medallion in black is so gorgeous! This is a beautiful card. I forget about that sentiment in Teeny Tiny Wishes. I need to pull that set out again. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love the elegance of it. Thanks for playing with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Hope you will play with us on future challenges.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The contrast is amazing on this card! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so rich and elegant looking. Thanks for the tutorial!!! I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! I love the look of it on the Black card base!! Perfect for all three challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the medallion in white then embossed. Very elegant! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.

    Please email me to obtain the html for your badge.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!
    Come play again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...