Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Happy Accident...

Do you ever set out to create a card with a certain idea in mind only to end up going in an entirely different direction?  Today's card is an example of me starting out with a CAS design in mind and ending up with a completely different look.  First I'll show you the card I ended up with and then I'll explain how I got there!
Vintage holiday card using Bells & Boughs and Merry & Type stamp sets.
Definitely NOT CAS, hunh?  So here's what happened...
I started out needing a scrap of always artichoke cardstock to emboss and then cut out the oval designer frame from.  I grabbed a piece from my stash, ran it through the embossing folder and then flipped it over to check the quality of the impression.  Lo and behold, there were holly images I had stamped in bleach (months ago when trying to come up with designs for convention swaps) in two corners.  Liking the look, I decided to go with it and use it to frame the focal point for a card.  I then found some torn scraps of Deck the Halls fabric in amongst my ribbon scraps...I added that as a ruffle along the right edge using sticky strip to adhere it.  From there I just kept layering and adding, finishing it off with the perfect sentiment from the Merry & Type set!  Don't you love it when things just sort of fall into place?  I think that's one of the things I love most about Vintage cards...they're meant to look like they're made up of spare bits and treasures, so it is easy to use up all the little bits and bobs you were too cheap to throw out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...