Monday, August 15, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

...unless you're a teacher!!  That Staples commercial makes me CRAZY!  Parents dancing in the aisles because they're getting rid of their kids by sending them back to school so we teachers can deal with them!  It always makes me shake my head that some parents can't handle having their kids around for 2 months...I deal with the attitude and sullenness every day for 10!  God bless teenagers!
Anyhow, the reason I titled this post as I did is more about the REALLY wonderful time of the year:  Christmas!!  We crafters like to start early when creating holiday projects and as the teacher of many a crafting class, I start even earlier as I have to plan and create the projects I'm going to offer.  So, this week, while I am away enjoying the wilds of the Almaguin Highlands in northern Ontario, I am going to give you a sneak peek at some of the holiday projects I've been working on.  Today's card uses the Pennant Parade stamp set...yes...for Christmas!  This set is SO versatile!  Take a look at this:
Homespun Christmas cards using the Pennant Parade stamp set and Letters to Santa DSP

Inside of card using sentiments from Many Merry Messages set.
Isn't this a cute card?  I love the way the embossed focal image looks quilted...so homey and cozy.  Like a warm blanket and hot cup of cocoa on a cold and blustery day.  Sorry...I digressed there for a second.  This card will likely make my class line-up this fall because it came together really quickly and easily.  Click the Upcoming Events tab at the top of this page for class info.
Don't forget to enter my Bloaggaversary draw for some fab blog candy.  Just leave a comment on THIS POST to enter.  I'll be selecting the winner on August 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...