Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Little Fall in the Air...

...I know, you're thinking "What the heck is she talking about...its the middle of August!!"...but the other night is got quite cool here...much cooler than it has been in months and the first thing I thought was that it felt like fall.  Don't get me wrong, I am in NO hurry to wish summer away...fall means back to school and...well, back to the crazy, insanity that is my life.  However, I DO love the season.  I got married in the fall because I love fall colours...the fresh, crisp air, the crunch of a freshly picked apple and of course, those glorious leaves!  All that thinking of fall got me to creating a fall-ish card.  I pulled out the ol' standby Lovely As A Tree for this one, but combined it with the new Well Worn DSP.  See what you think:

Fall thank you card using Lovely as a Tree set with sentiment from Petite Pairs.

Inside of card
I really like this DSP...it is perfect for masculine cards or for cards that you want to give more of an edgy or earthy feel.  Here I was going for earthy and I pulled my colours for the tree from the paper:  early espresso, cajun craze and a little more mustard.  The tree is just coloured with my Aquapainter and ink pads...really quick and easy.
On another note, tomorrow I am heading up to my parents' place in northern Ontario for a week of grandma and grandpa time for my son.  It means I'll get some R & R too, as my parents will keep my son more than occupied for the week.  I hope to do some stamping too, so I'll have lots to show you when I get back...I'm bringing my new Holiday Mini goodies to play with!  I won't have internet access while I'm there, so I won't be able to respond to questions or emails, but I will pre-post some projects to hold you over till I get back!  While I'm gone, don't forget to enter the draw for my Bloggaversary blog candy by leaving a comment on THIS POST.  I'll be selecting the winner on the 21st, so don't forget to enter!  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and you have used stamps from my favourite set of all time and one of the very first ones I bought all those years ago when I was in the US!! Still love it and I love how you have shaded this tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. It's one of my favorite stamp sets, and you are so right about the DSP.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...