Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Swimming Teacher Thank you


It seems I am making a lot of thank you cards for my son's various activities of late.  As summer begins to wind down, so do his summertime pursuits.  His last day of swimming lessons is tomorrow.  This has been a tough year in the pool for my son.  He regressed BIG time since last summer.  At the end of last summer he was doing really well (for a 3-year-old) until he was unexpectedly dunked by someone he trusted who had said they wouldn't dunk him.  That is all he remembers about swimming last year and, as a result, he has become very fearful and untrusting of anyone (even me!) around water.  His first session of swimming was group lessons and they did not go well at all.  We decided to break the piggy bank and put him in private lessons for another session in the hopes of undoing some of the damage that had been done last summer.  I am thrilled to say he has made excellent progress thanks to his wonderful teacher.  This young man has exhibited the patience of a saint in working with my stubborn boy over the last two weeks!  As I watched from the bleachers, mentally willing my boy to do things, Dylan (his teacher) has patiently and systematically worked to build Maxwell's trust.  I have been SO impressed as I watched the creative ways Dylan has worked to overcome Max's fears.  Since tomorrow is our last day with Dylan I wanted to make him a special card to say thank you for his kindness and patience with my boy. 

Thank you card for my son's swimming teacher using the Sunny Fun stamp set from the Summer Mini.

Close up of focal image.
In case you're wondering, this is a shaker card.  I used one of our Treat Cups and filled it with retired clear micro beads.  I wish I had blue beads so that it would look more like water, but clear was all I had in my stash!  It actually looks kinda cute when you shake it...like water splashing on the little boy (supposed to be my son!).  I kept this card very clean and simple (and almost embellishment free!) because it is for a young man.  I hope he likes it...I know he'll like the iTunes gift card I tucked inside!
On a completely different note, tomorrow is my one year Bloggaversary!!  A La Cards will celebrate in style with some quality blog candy, so be sure to stop by tomorrow to check it out. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I'm so bummed the micro beads are no longer available. I came to the 'stampin party' too late and did not get to use these when they were current!
    I'm sure Dylan will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...