Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teenage boy b-day card

I seem to be on a roll with the juvenile birthday cards this week!  I have a workshop tomorrow night and the hostess requested a card appropriate for a teenaged boy.  So I got out my Well Worn DSP and this is what I came up with:
Birthday card for a teenaged boy using Extreme Elements and Grunge Rock stamp sets along with Well Worn DSP.
These sets are sure getting a workout this week!  I do love how versatile they are...and how different they look in various colour palettes.  For this card I stuck to the earthy tones in the paper:  cajun craze, early espresso, river rock and not quite navy.  I added lots of interest and texture by roughing up the edges of both the card base and the DSP and sponged the edges of pretty much every element.  The hemp twine and little aged brass clip (from my stash, bought who-knows-when!) add the perfect finishing touches without being too fussy.  I will replace the clip with one of Stampin' Up's mini library clips when my order arrives...I just used this in the meantime!  I hope my hostess and her guests like it!  Now I've gotta run and prep for my Watercolouring 101 class tonight!

1 comment:

  1. This picture does not do this card justice!
    It's so wonderful IRL!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...