Friday, September 2, 2011

Cornflowers...

...that's what today's card remind me of.  I love the beautiful blue wildflowers that grow so profusely along country roads at this time of year...they are such a vivid splash of colour against the grass...dried, and dead after this summer's heat.   When one of my hostesses asked for a generic card for her workshop this week, I pulled out the Field Flowers set and put together this simple card.  See what you think...
Simple all-occasion card using the Field Flowers and Nature Walk sets and a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Inside of card
This card was so fast and easy to put together I don't think I need to give you any instructions.  I will tell you the colour combos for the two-step stamping on the flowers though:  marina mist and not quite navy for the blooms and so saffron and more mustard for the centres.  The stems are always artichoke.
My hostess and her guests were thrilled with this card and loved how easily it came together.  Two-step stamping is a great way to get multi-dimensional images without having to colour or shade.  This set is fast becoming my favourite two-step stamping set EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...