Thursday, September 8, 2011

Feeling like Fall...

The weather this week has certainly started to feel like fall here in Southern Ontario.  Its almost like the first day of school was the first day of fall, with cooler temperatures, chilly nights and cloudy skies.  I'm not complaining because, quite frankly, I LIKE cool weather when I'm at work.  The lack of air conditioning makes my room unbearably hot when the mercury climbs.  Add to that a bunch of sweaty teenagers and it isn't a fun place to be!  So these cooler temps have been most appreciated by yours truly!  All this fall weather has me in the mood to create fall-themed cards (like I haven't done enough already!) and for today's post I pulled out the hostess set from the Holiday Mini.  We got this set free at convention and, sadly, it was forgotten as soon as I got home and saw all my goodies from the the new catty.  Well, since the new mini is now LIVE, I figured I should dust off this cute hostess set and give it some love.  Here is the card I made:

Thanksgiving'ish card using Warmest of Wishes hostess set from the new Holiday Mini with sentiment from Fabulous Phrases.

Inside of card using sentiment from Day of Gratitude
One of the things I like most about this set is the variety of images it contains.  There is something for fall, Halloween, Christmas and Valentine's Day all in one little set!  For this card I used the wreath of leaves, stamping it cajun craze and colouring it with my markers in more mustard and peach parfait.  The wreath was layered on one of the scalloped circles from the Perfect Pennants die cut from always artichoke cardstock.  The rest is pretty straightforward, though I will give you the colour palette as sometimes it is hard to tell from a photo:  cajun craze, peach parfait, more mustard, always artichoke.  On the inside of the card I stamped the wreath along the right edge only allowing half of the image on the page.  The result was a swirling line of leaves running down the edge of the card.  I think I'm going to play with this set some more...I see lots of possibilities.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, Leena! I don't have this set, but I'm gonna have to CASE this layout!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...