Monday, September 5, 2011

Last day of summer...

...I know the calendar doesn't officially turn to fall for another couple of weeks, but as far as I'm concerned, summer is over.  Tomorrow I start back to work and go back to the craziness of my school-year-life.  I have to say that I am not looking forward to the 5:00 am alarms and long days in the classroom.  Ah well, only 10 months till next summer!

Today I have a card I did for another online challenge.  This one's for this week's sketch challenge at Just Add Ink.  I added an extra challenge for myself to use only materials that were sitting on my desk when I started designing the card....lucky for me my desk was a mess at the time, so I had lots to work with!  First of all, let me show you the sketch:
...now here is my version of it...
Holiday card for JAI83 using scraps and odds and ends from my desk!
So, for starters, I rotated the sketch for a horizontal orientation...it just worked better for where I was heading.  The stocking is one I had put together for another project...one that didn't end up working.  I couldn't bear to waste a perfectly good stocking so I had it sitting, adhesive and all, waiting for a new home.  The medallion was leftover from the wreath I did a while back.  The glitter paper was the negative cut left over from using my Tasteful Trim die for this card.  The little snowflake was leftover from another card I am going to post later this week.  The buttons and jingle bell were sitting in their containers still, not having found a permanent home.  Put it all together and this is what you get:  a hodgepodge of a holiday card!  I actually had fun putting this together...its good to challenge oneself now and then, don't you think?!?
Now I am off to put together my lunch for tomorrow and figure out what I am going to wear...gotta love the first day of school!

3 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas stocking. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool card Leena. Love the crimped flower and lovely glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Very very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...