Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Stamping-filled day!

Today I attend "Stampin' Sparks", a demonstrator event hosted by my upline, Jamilla Ivits.  It was a jam-packed day that just flew by!  We did so many projects I honestly can't even remember them all at the moment!  Suffice to say it was well worth the registration fee.  We got a TON of product included in our kits and did terrific projects that highlight many items from the Holiday Mini.  My head is still spinning a little, but I did want to post the final card I designed for my club meeting tomorrow.  For this one I used the Dasher A La Carte stamp.  This little guy is very popular and perfect for holiday cards.  I know several of my club members own this one too, so I knew it would be a good one to use.  The layout for this card was inspired by one done by Mary Fish a while back.
CAS Holiday card using the Dasher stamp and greeting from the Snow Swirled set.
So I finally resorted to a more traditional Christmas colour scheme for this one.  I knew my ladies wouldn't be satisfied if I did everything in non-traditional colours!  I used cherry cobbler, brushed gold and whisper white for a clean, modern, yet classic look.  I used my Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder on the strip of cherry cobbler cardstock to add a bit of texture.  I stamped Dasher in versamark and then heat embossed him in gold.  The sentiment is stamped right on the card base in cherry cobbler ink.  I finally found a way to use all those gold brads I have in my stash!  They contrast just enough with the brushed gold cardstock to stand out without drawing the eye away from the focal image.  I also need to point out that yet again, I refrained from adding ribbon!!!  My club ladies will love me because they hate messing around with ribbon...all three cards we are doing are 100% ribbon free!  I can honestly say that this is the first time that has ever happened!  I can't wait to see their reaction...I'll report back tomorrow night.  Till then, enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love this CAS layout Leena! Mary Fish is the queen of it and I always get inspiration from her, too!
    Great colour combo, very striking ...
    But I think the sentiment should be "Peace, Love and Yoj"! *Wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and simple = Elegant! Your club will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...