Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Hubby...

Today is my husband's 41st birthday and to celebrate I created a special card that I knew he would love.  With the "help" of my 4 1/2 year old this is what we came up with:
Angry Birds card for my 41-year-old husband

Inside view
So, I mentioned this is for my FORTY-ONE year old husband, right?  He is completely addicted to this game, as is my son, so we knew this  would be the perfect design for him.  The front of the card was inspired by a card I found online HERE.  The inside I came up with myself.  I kind of liked the idea of the piggy hiding beneath the plate of cupcakes...very Angry Birds-esque.  The entire card was created using Stampin' Up punches, cardstock and inks.  There was also a fair bit of trimming of punch shapes involved.  It was a wee bit labour-intensive, but worth the effort...my hubby loved the result!  Inside the card I hid an iTunes gift card...the perfect gift for the man in my life! 
Before I get a zillion requests for instructions, let me say that I am working on putting together a tutorial for these little guys...I'm just swamped with classes and holiday preparations right now.  I likely won't have time to get to it until I am off for the holidays between Christmas and New Year's.  Hopefully you can wait till then, if not perhaps you can figure it out from the photo...if you get stuck let me know and I'll try to help when I can.
In the meantime, I am off to a grown-up dinner out with my hubby at a new restaurant here in Cambridge...can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Great card Leena! This is an addictive game!
    Happy birthday to John!
    Isn't it amazing what we can do with paper, ink and punches!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...