Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Variation on a theme...

...that's what today's card is.  After making the card I posted yesterday I decided to try  different layout using many of the same elements.  This is what I came up with...
Holiday card using Bright Hopes stamp set.

Inside view...look familiar??
So this time, instead of using the rock and roll technique, I used my markers to be more precise as to where I was using the darker shade.  I inked the stamp with my pool party ink pad and then used my island indigo marker to colour the parts I wanted darker.  I also heat embossed the entire focal image using iridescent ice which gives it a ton of sparkle.  I used many of the same elements as I did on yesterday's card, but instead of rhinestones I used the silver mini brads...love those little guys!  Now my dilemma is which card I like best!  I'd love to hear what you all think!

2 comments:

  1. I like both cards for different reasons. I think I like the striking effect of the matting on this one around the focal image though. Both beautiful cards!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Definitely my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...