Sunday, January 15, 2012

Amour for the Monkey

I was asked to be a guest designer for this week's challenge over at A La Card Monkey.  The sketch is a simple one which allows for lots of creativity and plenty of room for interpretation.  Since my week was SOOO busy last week, I found myself throwing this card together after work on Friday, rushing to meet my deadline!  The result is not my favourite card ever, but it is a nice, understated Valentine that  would be perfect for just about anyone.
Vintage-inspired Valentine's card for this week's A La Card Monkey challenge.

Inside view
Ok, I used a bunch of different stamp sets for this card.  I pulled one or more images from each of the following sets:  French Foliage, Creative Elements, Artistic Etchings, and Take it to Heart.  My colour scheme was simple:  Poppy Parade, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.  I did manage to take my new Edgelits for a test drive, using the scalloped die to cut the bottom edge of my DSP layer.  I have to say they are as easy to use as the new Framelits...and they're a snap!  If you haven't already ordered yours, you'll want to do so soon...you'll wonder how you ever lived without them!
Now for other news...as some of you are aware, my master bathroom has been under renovation for more than a year and a half.  What started as a simple shower project turned into an almost complete remodel.  It has been a huge source of stress waiting for it to finally get done (yes, my husband was doing this project himself!).  Well, I am thrilled to say that my bathroom is DONE!!!!  My son is having a bath in there as I type this post...and when he's done it is SO my turn!  I am going to have the longest bath in history...I may not get out until I have to go to work tomorrow morning!  If you don't hear from me over the next couple of days...you'll know where I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...