Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm really trying...

...to learn to love the new Summer Starfruit In-colour.  It is a shade of yellow that just doesn't quite do it for me...however, I am really trying to find ways to use it to allow it to grow on me.  The card I have for you today is based on one we did last week at our Jammin' Stampers team meeting. I adapted it (and toned down the Summer Starfruit!) for my own Tri-City Stampers team meeting tonight.  See what you think...

Any-occasion card and coordinating envelope featuring the new Papaya Collage and Layered Labels stamp sets.
So....the yellow looks ok when it is toned down with the Midnight Muse, no?  I don't mind it on this card...maybe it is growing on me after all.  Here is the rundown of new products I used on this card:
Papaya Collage stamp set
Layered Labels stamp set
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Comfort Cafe DSP
Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse In-color card stock and ink

I also added a little touch to the coordinating enveloped by die cutting the flap with my Adorning Accents Edgelits and then stamped it using the vine stamp from the Papaya Collage set.  It adds  a pretty touch when the envelope matches the card, no?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Leena! Papaya collage is now on my list, as is Summer Starfruit; it goes really well with Midnight Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very striking card, Leena!
    And yes, the yellow is certainly more toned down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your adaptation of our team card! Well, I'm finally following your lead and stamping INSIDE my cards..... now I'll have to look at detailing the envelope too! Nice touch Leena!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...