Thursday, September 20, 2012

Birthday Card for a Little Man

Last week my brother's little guy celebrated his first birthday.  He did it in grand style with all of his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents present and even had two great-uncles and aunts there as well.  It was a wonderful day and in honour of the big event I created this card:

Birthday card for a ONE year old featuring the Elebration and Memorable Moments stamp sets.
 I just love this image from last year's catalogue!  I've actually had this stamp for almost two years and this was the first time I've used it!!  It is the perfect image for a special brithday card.  I stamped it on watercolour paper using Staz-on ink and then coloured it using my Watercolour Crayons...love those things!  The DSP is from the Nursery Nest pack, which is also from last year's catty.  Lots of retired product here, but I used lots of NEW tools!  The Labels Collection Framelits, Edgelits and Finishing Touches TIEF are all new to this year's catalogue and add texture and interest to the design.

And now, here's a shot of the birthday boy enjoying his cake!  As you can see, he takes his food VERY seriously!

Happy Birthday Benjamin!!
Hope your day is as sweet as Ben's was!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 1 already! How sweet... and love the card to. Funny, I just posted some cards using the Nursery Nest DSP too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers and using the framelit shape as a 'frame'!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...