Thursday, September 27, 2012

CASE'ing Mary

Today I have another card for you that I am planning to do at a private class I have coming up.  It is inspired by a gorgeous card by Mary Fish and uses a fantastic colour combo of Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Summer Starfruit. Check it out:

Simple Birthday card featuring the Papillon Potpourri stamp set with sentiment from Perfect Punches.

Inside view with sentiment from Sweet Essentials
I have to say, I sadly neglect this particular TIEF. It is beautiful but I often only pull it our for wedding cards!  Seeing Mary's use of it with the Core'dinations card stock has made me see so many more possibilities!  I used it as the focal image here and added a little butterfly stamped in Summer Starfruit and punched with the Elegant Butterfly punch.  This is an addition to Mary's original design which I feel balances the card a little better.  The sentiment, from Perfect Punches, is stamped in Early Espresso and punched out with the XL Oval punch. I added some of that luscious stitched satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit that I got for FREE this month, as well as some pearls to add a bit of elegance.  This card is SO simple to make but really effective thanks to that beautiful TIEF!  Gotta love simplicity!

1 comment:

  1. Love this CASE Leena! I'll have to try this colour combo too!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...