Monday, January 28, 2013

Baptizing Baby

This weekend was a special one for our family as we celebrated the baptism of my nephew, Matthew.  It was one long, food-filled day with Matthew's Italian Daddy, Mommy, Big Brother, Aunties and Grandparents!  Lots of fun!  To commemorate this special day in Matthew's life I created a card using this week's sketch over at Just Add Ink.  Here is the sketch:



And here is Matthew's card:


Baptism Card for JAI150 featuring the Crosses of Hope stamp set.

Now, I have to admit I had a mighty hard time putting this one together.  Not because I had trouble designing it, but because I literally couldn't put it together straight!  I whipped it up first thing in the morning before we headed into Toronto (and before I'd had my first cup of coffee...that was my first mistake!) and I felt so rushed and pressed for time I just was gluing everything crooked!  My bow was wonky, my oval uncentred, you name it I screwed it up!  What should have taken 15 minutes took over an hour!  I've learned my lesson...no stamping before coffee (or before 9:00 am!!)  Regardless, I did manage to get it done and it looks ok...not my best work, by any means, but I think Matthew will appreciate it (he is only 6 months old, after all!!)  I'm sure he'll drool and chew it lovingly and won't even notice my wonky bow or crooked oval!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...