Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Timeless Birthday

Today I want to show you a card I designed for my monthly Tri-City Stampers team meeting last night.  Several of my team members had never tried using our Stampin' Around wheels before, so I wanted to come up with a design that incorporated the use of a wheel.  Here is what we did:

Birthday card featuring the Timeless Talk stamp set and Music Notes Stampin' Around wheel.

Inside view with sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts
If you are like my team members and have never used one of our wheels before, let me caution you that there is a bit of a learning curve to get a perfect image.  It isn't difficult once you get that hang of it and with a little practice, you'll be wheeling like a pro!  For this card we used the Music Notes wheel twice; once on the small panel on the front of the card (to break them in gently) and a second time on the inside panel.  We used the Smoky Slate ink pad to ink the wheel...no need for ink cartridges when using the wheel on a card, though if you want to do a larger scrapbook page, you'll want the continuous inking a cartridge provides.  The other thing to be sure of is that you have a straight edge to guide your wheel...it is virtually impossible to get the image perfectly straight without one.  I'm proud to say that every one of my team members managed to successfully wheel the music image on both the front and inside of the card. :D
The rest of the card is straightforward.  The DSP is from the I Am Me DSP pack. I stamped the victrola and the sentiment in Basic Gray and the speech bubble in Smoky Slate.  The sentiment on the inside, from the A Dozen Thoughts set, is also stamped in Basic Gray.  I used the Ovals Collection Framelits to cut out the Victrola image, which gave my team a chance to try out the new Magnetic Platform.  They loved it as much as I do!!  It is so easy and quick to use the Framelits...no more fussing with post-it notes!  Far and away my favourite new product!
On another note, one week from today I will be in Salt Lake City for Convention!!  I am getting so excited!  Be sure to check in here daily, as I will post the highlights for you.  I will also be tweeting live during convention, so be sure to follow me on Twitter (@lgirsa) so you don't miss out on a single bit of the convention excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...