|Thank you card featuring the Wonderfall stamp set with sentiment from Truly Grateful and using the Emerging Colours technique|
- Starting with Whisper White card stock I sponged Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Cherry Cobbler in various spots all over the panel. I overlapped neighbouring colours, blending where they met.
- I stamped the leaves in Versamark and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- I sponged heavily with Early Espresso ink to bring out the pattern in the leaves and conceal the bright background colours. This will take a bit of work, but it's worth the effort! Be sure to wipe the excess ink off the embossed leaves when you're done to reveal the vivid colour underneath.
- The kinky twine is from the Burlap ribbon. A cool little trick where you cut off the stitched edge and then pull out the strands of twine. They are kinky from being woven in the burlap. I love the extra texture it adds!
- The button is from last year's Holiday catty...sorry you can't get them anymore :( If they ever show up on the Clearance Rack you'd better be quick to snatch them up before I get 'em! Love those things!!)
- The sentiment is from the Truly Grateful stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso on Naturals Ivory card stock and then die cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits.
Today I'm getting ready to head up north to my parents' place for some R&R before heading back to the classroom. I'll be gone all of next week but, never fear, I will pre-post some projects so you don't miss me too much while I'm gone :) In the meantime, why not play along with us this week at The Technique Twist...its tons of fun!!