Sunday, December 15, 2013

Faux Tile for The Twist

It is a snowy Sunday, here in Cambridge!  We have our first real snowfall of the year last night and it truly looks like a winter wonderland.  Certainly puts one in the Christmas spirit!  Today, instead of a holiday card, I have an any-occasion card to show you for this week's challenge over at The Technique Twist...

Any Occasion card featuring the Faux Tile technique using the Flowering Flourishes stamp set.
Now, this card was anything but simple to make!  It involves a whole lot of sponging and embossing, but the result was worth it.  I didn't want to cover up my work with a sentiment, so I left it without one, making this card appropriate for just about any occasion.

 
Here is how I created this look:
  • I started by stamping the flourish image twice on a 4"x4" piece of Whisper White card stock using Versamark ink.  Then I heat embossed in white.
  • I cut the 4"x4" card stock into 1" squares.
  • I sponged each little square with Marina Mist, Island Indigo and then Always Artichoke ink.
  • I sponged the edges of each square lightly with Basic Gray ink.
  • I covered each square with Versamark ink and then heat embossed using Glassy Glaze Enamel (retired from Stampin' Up!).  I repeated this step a second time for an even finish.
  • I glued each square onto a 4-1/8" square piece of Basic Gray card stock.
  • I added the ribbon and Antique Brad.
  • I glued the whole thing on to a 5"x5" card base in Smoky Slate.
The photos of this card really don't do it justice.  The enamel really is glossy, giving lots of shine.  While this technique is a bit involved, it really is fun and creates amazing results.  Give it a go and link up over at The Technique Twist before the end of the year...we'd love to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...