Saturday, January 4, 2014

A new challenge and a blog hop at The Twist!

Happy Saturday!  I hope this weekend finds you with plenty of time to relax and recharge...and STAMP!  Today there's a brand new challenge over at The Technique Twist...Blurred Vision Watercolour.  I did a couple of projects for this challenge.  I've got one for you today...I'll post the second next week :)  For this one I used the sketch challenge over at Stamping Royalty for my layout.  Here is the sketch:




...and here is my project:

Valentine's card featuring the Seasonal Sayings and Hearts Aflutter stamp sets and featuring the Blurred Vision Watercolour technique.
Now I did a bit of a twist on this technique...rather than stamping and then blurring the image with water, I did the opposite!  I first did a watercolour wash of the backgound piece using Pool Party ink and an aquapainter.  (You can make this as dark or light as you'd like, depending on how much ink you use) Then, while the paper was still wet, I stamped the red hearts.  The result is blurred images that bleed a little into the background.  Kinda cool, no?


The DSP I used is from the new Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack (132996) from the new Occasions catalogue...*love*! The sentiment is from the Seasonal Sayings set.  I inked it with Pool Party and Real Red markers and then die cut it with the Hearts Collection framelits.  I added a little Retro Fresh Washi Tape (133001) and a little Real Red button I had leftover from Christmas projects.  The final touches are the blingy arrow and "xoxo", both die cut using the Label and Circle Card Thinlits respectively.

Inside view with sentiment from Hello Lovely
On the inside I used a leftover piece of the background from the front which I adhered using more Retro Fresh Washi tape.  The sentiment is stamped in Real Red, fussy cut and then adhered with dimensionals.  I added one more blingy heart from the Circle Card Thinlits.

So...whaddya think?  Ready to give this technique a try?  When you do be sure to link up over at The Technique Twist and show us your stuff!  Here is the list for the Blog Hop:


There's a great prize involved so be sure to comment on each blog as you hop & you must link up your own new creation for this challenge to be eligible to win.  Blog Hop & Challenge ends on Friday, January 17 at 1155p ET. The next stop on the hop is Katie's Blog so hop on over and see what she's created to share with you! Remember, if you find a link that doesn't work, you can always hop back here for a list of direct links to all the blogs in the hop!    Happy hopping!


5 comments:

  1. This is a technique I haven't tried yet, but I have blurred things on my cards because the ink wasn't dry! I don't think patience is my strong point. Cute valentine card and I like the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! the colors and the background it turned out super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the hearts turned out. I also love the colors together. Pool party is the best with red for Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inspiration Leena. I almost did the reverse technique also. Wonderful Valentine colors and you got me inspired with your Washi usage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card especially the touch of glimmer x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...