Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hung up on You Swap

Happy Wednesday...it's hump day!  Half-way to the weekend...wahoo!  I need a couple of days off...I'm down and out with a nasty sinus infection and could use some R & R!  Let me tell you, sinus pain is no fun!!
Enough whining from me...you came to see a fun project, so here is a cute card I did for my team swap at our monthly meeting this week.

Valentine's card featuring the Crazy Mixed-up Love (131071) and Banner Blast (SAB)  stamp sets
Isn't that fun??  I have had a bunch of those cute coat hanger clips sitting around for a while and when I saw the Hung up on You stamp in the Crazy Mixed-up Love I knew just what I wanted to do!


Here's what I did:

  • I stamped three little banners from the Banner Blast Sale-a-bration stamp set using Real Red, Basic Black and Smokey Slate ink and then punched them out using the Banner punch (also available during Sale-a-bration).
  • I inked the sentiment portion of the Hung up on You stamp using my black marker and stamped it on Whisper White card stock.  
  • I adhered the hanger using glue dots and then the banners using dimensionals.
  • The sparkly little heart is punched from red Glimmer paper using the Owl Builder punch.
  • The chevron-patterned DSP is from the I Am Me pack.
  • The frame is simply a rectangle cut from textured Smokey Slate card stock that I cut a square from using the Squares Collection framelits.  It is adhered to the card using dimensionals.
Inside view with sentiment from the Love you to the Moon stamp set (133143)
For the inside of the card I stamped more of the little banners across the top and then stamped the sentiment from the Love you to the Moon set in Real Red.  Fun and oh, so easy!

Speaking of fun, have you seen this week's Weekly Deals??  There are some great items on sale...can you say Chalk Talk Framelits??  Check it out:



Neutrals Core'dinations Item # 129956
Regular Price: $29.95
Discounted Price: $22.46 
Basic Black 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Item # 130010

Regular Price: $12.50
Discounted Price: $9.38
Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Item #121809
Regular Price: $9.95
Discounted Price: $7.46 
Chalk Talk Framelit Dies Item # 129983
Regular Price: $30.95
Discounted Price: $23.21
Calypso Coral Classic Pad Item # 126983
Regular Price: $7.25
Discounted Price: $5.44 
Alphabet Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Item #130916
Regular Price: $9.95
Discounted Price: $7.46 
Note Card Envelopes Item # 131528
Regular Price: $6.95
Discounted Price: $5.21
Storytime Ensemble Item # 127195
Regular Price: $21.95
Discounted Price: $13.17 

3 comments:

  1. This card is sooo cute!!! Love your imagination with the hanger and the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - this is the cutest card ever. Those little banners on that hanger are darling. I hope you get to feeling better. Sinus is the worst and mine usually goes down in my chest before it's all over. Keep warm and rest and drink plenty of fluids. Well, and call me in the morning!! Sorry I got carried away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove this card!!!!! Totally cased it here: http://tanyastampsnthings.blogspot.com/2014/02/hanging-banners.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...