Monday, January 20, 2014

Love Ya Monster Shaker Bubbles

I know that title doesn't make a bit of sense, but it certainly does summarize today's project.  This is my second attempt at the Bubble Background technique for this week's challenge at The Technique Twist...and I love it!

Monster Love featuring the Monster Maniacs and Just Saying stamp sets and using the Bubble Background technique.
Now it doesn't show up well in the photo, but those bubbles have a bit of shimmer to them!  I added some Frost White shimmer paint to my mixture which gives this technique a cool effect.  I decided to used my bubble background with the adorable Monster Maniacs stamp set, which has been languishing on my stamp shelf uninked since before the Christmas craziness.  I love those little monsters and they are great fun to colour.  I decided to do a shaker card that I can tuck into my son's backpack one day to remind him how much I love him.  He is very proud of my creations and gets very excited when I make a card "just for him".



Here is a quick how-to:

  • I created my background using the technique I described in Saturday's post, but added some Frost White shimmer paint to the mixture.
  • I stamped the monster on Naturals White card stock using Staz On ink and coloured the image using my markers and a blender pen.
  • I die cut the circles for my frame using the Circles Collection framelits and assembled them using the Shaker Frames, some Window Sheets (also die cut using the Circles Collection framelits) and some clear micro beads from my stash.
  • I added some Bermuda Bay Candy Dots to the frame.
  • I added the zigzag borders in Bermuda Bay that I cut using the Finishing touches Edgelits.
  • I used some Washi tape left over from Halloween.
  • The Tangerine Tango background layer is embossed using the new Decorative Dots TIEF from the Saleabration brochure.
  • The sentiment is from the Just Saying stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink and die cut using the Word Bubbles framelits.
  • The tiny glittery heart is punched using the Owl Builder punch.
Inside view with sentiment from Hello, Lovely.
For the inside I stamped the little monster again using black Staz On ink.  On a scrap of Whisper White card stock I stamped the sentiment from the Hello, Lovely stamp set using Tangerine Tango ink.  I fussy cut it and then adhered it with dimensionals.
I think this one will make my boy smile when he finds it among his school books next week...and THAT will make ME smile!

2 comments:

  1. Great card Leena! Love the colour combo and I'll bet that shimmer looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys and monsters go together. He will love this card and that's sweet that you do that for him. Cute card and fun technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...