Monday, January 27, 2014

Mom's Birthday Card

So, I a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that it was my mother's 71st birthday and promised to show you the card I had made for her.  Well, today is the day!  Here it is...

Birthday card featuring the Backyard Basics stamp set with sentiment from Simply Sketched (Hostess) stamp set.
My mom is a HUGE gardener and loves orchids.  I thought this image, from the Backyard Basics set, looked like some of the orchids in my mom's collection, so I thought it would be the perfect focal image for her card.


She is also an avid reader, so I thought the Pretty Print TIEF would be a suitable way to add some texture.  Here is a quick rundown of how I put it all together:

  • I stamped the floral image on watercolour paper using Staz On ink and then coloured it using a blender pen and markers.  Colours I used were:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Always Artichoke
  • I die cut the coloured image using the coordinating Backyard Basics Framelits.
  • The background is a piece of Crumb Cake card stock that I embossed using the Pretty Print TIEF and then lightly sponged using Soft Suede ink.
  • The label is die cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.
  • The sentiment is from the Simply Sketched hostess set and is stamped in Soft Suede.  The floral image on the label is stamped in Crumb Cake ink.
  • I used Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon and a Vintage Trinket brad for the bow.
  • The card base is Soft Suede
Inside view with sentiment from Full of Life (retired)
A special card for a special lady!  Have a great Monday, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. This looks perfect for your mom with the lovely flowers. The script makes words on the page like a book. I love that ribbon, the texture and the color. I think the sentiment is a great one. Everyone needs to have happy. I have the stamp that says "You can never have too much happy" and I love it too. Hope she enjoys the card and her day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt your Mom loved the card. Beautiful card! Love everything about it...and...looks like I'll be purchasing the Pretty Print TIEF very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...