Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's 71st birthday!  I made her a special card in honour of her big day, but I will wait to post that one till a bit later.  I do have another birthday card to show you that I created  for my All About Birthdays Buffet later this month. It also happens to work for this week's "Clean Slate" challenge over at The Paper Players...  and for the birthdays challenge over at Stampin' Royalty




Birthday card featuring the NEW Just Saying stamp set and coordinating Word Bubbles Framelits...get them bundled for 15% off!
Let me say again, this is NOT my Mom's birthday card...though I'm sure she would see the humor in it!  She is the only 71 year-old lady I know who owns her own chain saw and spends all summer and fall cutting her own firewood!!  No joke...she has the ear muffs and safety goggles and the works!  She's something else!!


This is a really simple card that uses the inlaid embossing  and chalkboard techniques.   In case you want to recreate it, here is a quick how to:

  • I  die cut the various word bubbles out of different colours of card stock.  Here is the list of colours I used:  Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry.  
  • I glued the die cuts to a 4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock, allowing some to extend over the edge.  I then trimmed the overhanging pieces and ran the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice TIEF.  I glued the embossed piece to a Basic Black card base. 
  • The sentiment is heat embossed in white on Basic Black card stock and then die cut with the Word Bubbles framelits.  I adhered it to the card using dimensionals.
  • For a little bling I added some chevrons punched from Silver Glimmer paper using the Chevron Border punch.  
  • For the inside I stamped the cake and sentiment in black Staz On ink and then coloured it using markers.
Inside view with image and sentiment from the Best of Birthdays set.
I really love this card...it is fun and easy and perfect for just about anyone who is feeling less like celebrating the number of candles on their cake!

4 comments:

  1. Tell your mom your blogger friends said happy birthday. She sounds like so much fun! This stamp set is so funny. I know a lot of people I could use this for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! So fun!! Love the colours and the inlaid embossing Leena! Happy Birthday to your mom... can't wait to see the card you created for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card, Leena! I love this technique and your colors are so bright & fun! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, the colors and the design are very fun
    great inside detail

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...