Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Celebrating Mom

Happy last day of April!!  With Mother's Day just around the corner I've found myself creating lots of projects to celebrate the Moms in my life.  I used this week's sketch from The Paper Players for this one...

Here's the sketch:




...and here is my version:

Mother's Day card for PP193 featuring the soon-to-be-retired Secret Garden stamp set with Gingham Garden DSP.  Sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday.
I have to say I am going to seriously miss the Secret Garden stamp set and coordinating Framelits!  I love how quickly and easy it is to add flowers to a project WITHOUT fussy cutting!  These are two retiring products that will not be leaving my stash any time soon. 


I made a vow to stop buying every single pack of DSP from every catalogue this year, as I always end up with TONS of it left over...not because I don't use it, but because I just buy SO much!  Unfortunately I haven't kept my promise!  I have lots of DSP left to use up before the end of the catalogue year, so I pulled out the Gingham Garden pack for this project and even made a matching envelope liner ;)
Other retiring products on this project include the stitched grosgrain ribbon in Daffodil Delight and the Large Rhinestone jewels.  Both are items I use a lot and will miss but I just know there is going to be so much in the new catalogue to love I will soon forget all about these beloved favourites!

Inside view with sentiments from Perfect Words (retired) and Something to Celebrate (retired)
 On the inside I pulled out a couple of long-retired hostess sets.  Both had exactly the sentiments I was looking for.  See?  Sometimes it pays to be a hoarder!
Now to decide which of the special Moms in my life to send this one to...

2 comments:

  1. A classic, beautiful card! The inside is just as lovely as the outside! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright, cheery and all 'round fabulous, Leena! I also really like that stamp set and matching die cuts. The pop of sparkle is a beautiful touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...