Tuesday, June 24, 2014

World of Dreams Wishes

This is the time of year when we teachers meet to celebrate the various events in eachother's lives that we've been too busy to acknowledge all year.  Later this week, the ladies from our staff are gathering to honour several of our colleagues who are getting married or having babies and, naturally, I volunteered to make the cards for the guests of honour.  Yesterday I sat down to create 5 over-sized cards for 5 special ladies...today I have the first one to show you.  This one is for a colleague who is both getting married over the summer and leaving our staff for another school due to a drop in our enrollment.  It is never easy to say good-bye to colleagues who aren't leaving by choice, so I wanted to focus on the happy event, rather than the unhappy one, this is what I came up with...

Wedding card featuring the World of Dreams stamp set with sentiment from Petite Pairs.
Now, I had a bit of an inside edge in designing this one, as I helped the bride plan her invitations, so I pulled several of the elements from those into this card.  I used some of the recently retired (but still much beloved) Natural Compositions Specialty DSP for the card base, which is over-sized at 6" x 7".  I always find it a challenge to fill the larger canvas, so the texture and pattern provided by the DSP helped. 



The leaf images are stamped in Mossy Meadow and the birds are in Early Espresso.  I heat embossed a Tea Lace Doily in gold for some weddingy elegance and then added texture with burlap ribbon, crochet trim and a bit of seam binding ribbon.  I couldn't omit the bling, so I added a Vintage Faceted button, threaded with some Linen Thread.  The sentiment is heat embossed in gold and die cut using the Banners Collection Framelits.
Of course, making an over-sized card meant also making an envelope to fit it...thank goodness for my large collection of retired DSP and my envelope punch board!  Quick and easy to create a coordinating envelope, sized perfectly to this card.  I think the bride-to-be will love it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...