Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Endless Birthday Wishes Make-n-take

On Monday evening I did a card party for a fellow teacher and her family.  It was a fun girls' night where we did two projects and enjoyed being creative together.  Here is one of the projects we made:

Birthday card featuring the Endless Birthday Wishes Photopolymer stamp set and the Work of Art stamp set.
Now this is a CASE of a card I found on Pinterest by Chiaki Haverstick.  I kept most of the elements of her design but changed out the stamped images.  I love the combination of Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss...such a rich duo! 



I also added a hint of gold by using the Gold Metallic Encore ink to stamp the confetti.  The DSP is from the Moonlight DSP stack and I used the Large Polka Dot TIEF for the backgound, leaving space at the bottom to stamp my sentiment.  The brushstroke image in the background is from the Work of Art stamp set and the cake and sentiments are from the Endless Birthday Wishes photopolymer set.  I added a bit of bling with rhinestones (coloured with the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities) as the flame on the candles.



On the inside I stamped the confetti in gold and the brushstroke in Hello Honey.  I stamped the sentiments in Blackberry Bliss.  This was a quick and easy card to put together and easily converted to a more masculine design by omitting the doily and rhinestones...gotta love versatility :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...