Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Life's Adventure

Last week my new colours of Blendabilities arrived and among them was Melon Mambo.  I love that vibrant pink and couldn't wait to use it on a fun card.  I pulled out the new Life's Adventure hostess set and went to town...

Birthday card featuring the Life's Adventure hostess set.
Lots of vibrant colour and texture on this one!  My colour scheme was Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay.  I used the new Large Polka Dot and Zig Zag TIEFs on the background layers.  As I almost always do with stamps that feature both an image and a sentiment, I cut the sentiment off so I could easily use it separately from the image.  The best part is, because they are clearmount stamps, when I want both image and sentiment together I can just mount them together on a block.  Gotta love versatility!



I coloured the cake using Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight Blenda's, with a little bit of the darkest Coastal Cabana marker for the plate (it's almost the same shade as Bermuda Bay!).



On the inside I stamped part of the cake image again and coloured it as on the front.  I used sentiments from the Something To Say set, which I thought we fun and perfect for the style of this card.

Now here are this week's Weekly Deals.  One of my favourite punches is one sale!  The Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border is one of my go-to tools...and it is a great price!  Remember that the sale prices are good until next Monday at Midnight, so be sure to order this week to take advantage of these great deals! 

Bitty Banners Big Shot Die Framelits
Bitty Banners Big Shot Die Framelits
Price: $18.95  
Sale: $14.21
Calypso Coral Celebration Add-on Kit
Calypso Coral Celebration Add-On Kit
Price: $12.95  
Sale: $9.71
Celebration Basics Kit
Celebration Basics Kit
Price: $18.95  
Sale: $14.21
Crushed Curry 3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $12.50  
Sale: $9.38
Curly Label Punch
Curly Label Punch
Price: $22.95 
 Sale: $17.21
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch
Price: $20.95 
 Sale: $15.71
Pumpkin Pie 3/4 Chevron Ribbon
Pumpkin Pie 3/4" Chevron Ribbon
Price: $12.50  
Sale: $9.38
Summer Happiness Kit -- Digital Download
Summer Happiness Kit - Digital Download
Price: $10.95  
Sale: $6.57

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...