Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Happy 2015!!  I hope you rang in the new year with someone special last night!  Today I have a card made just for this occasion that just happens to work with this week's challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments...

New year's card featuring the new Hello You Thinlits and the Happy Hour stamp set.
I went with a monochromatic look, sticking with silver and gray for my colour scheme.  I stamped "New Year" from the sentiment in the Bright and Beautiful stamp set by inking just that phrase with my Basic Gray marker.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to position it just right.  The background panel is Silver Foil Vellum layered on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I used Silver Foil card stock to mat the focal panel, which I trimmed with some All is Calm Washi Tape.  The word "happy" is die cut using the new Hello You Thinlits, available in just 5 short days in the Occasions catalogue.

The champagne glasses are from the Happy Hour stamp set.  I stamped them in Basic Black ink and then fussy cut them out.  I added some silver glimmer champagne in each glass.  Of course, I needed more bling, so I added a few rhinestone bubbles floating up from the glasses.

On the inside I used more Washi tape and stamped the sentiment from the Happy Hour stamp set in Smokey Slate ink.
I hope 2015 finds you filled with hope and anticipation for what is in store.  I wish you all the best the new year has to offer!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome card Leena - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Great use of the washi tape!!! Great use of all the texture from the foil!!!
    Love the extra sparkle- perfect accents!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous silver shine! I love the color combo you used, and your glittery champagne glasses are the BEST! What a way to use rhinestones, for bubbles! Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your monochromatic card in silver! Great use of the glitter and washi tape! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and happy card! I love the little champagne glasses and all of the bling! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a great use of silver. I would love to get this card in the mail. So glad you played with our challenge this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a lovely card! I like the designs and colors, very nice. Oh and since another year has passed, let me be the first one to send you a warm New Year greetings. Have a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...