Thursday, January 8, 2015

#Happybirthday

There are so many new products in the Occasions Catalogue that I love it is hard to choose just one.  Near the top of my list, however, is the Balloon Bash set.  Check out this project I designed for my upcoming Birthday Blitz Buffet using this week's colour challenge from PPA:

Birthday card featuring the new Balloon Bash stamp set.
I have to admit that I wasn't too sure about the colour combo of Night of Navy, Wisteria Wonder and Silver, but once I started working with it I really love it!  Who would have thought that they would work so well together??  I began by stamping the balloon images in Night of Navy and Wisteria Wonder ink and then heat embossed the centre one with silver embossing powder.  I added a couple of strips of All Is Calm Washi Tape and some Wisteria Wonder baker's twine.  I added some sliver glimmer stars for some sparkle.  The front panel is matted on Wisteria Wonder card stock and mounted on a Night of Navy card base.

The sentiment label is heat embossed in silver and die cut with the Chalk Talk framelits.  I layered it on a mat that I created using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch...love the way that works!  I just cut a piece of Night of Navy card stock to 2" x 3-1/4" and then punched both ends.  The label die cut label fits perfectly over top.

Inside view with image and sentiment from Age Awareness
On the inside I stamped the ballon and sentiment from the Age Awareness set, which work so well with the ones in the Balloon Bash set.  I love it when new sets work well with ones I already have!

If you haven't yet received your copy of the Occasions Catalogue and the Sale-a-bration Brochure, email me and request a free copy today!  You'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...