Monday, February 9, 2015

Irresistibly Happy Birthday

Happy Monday!  Hard to believe it's come around again...I'm pretty sure it was just Friday an hour or so ago!
Today I have one of the projects I designed for my team to make at our meeting tonight.  I wanted to showcase the Irresistibly Yours Specialty paper from the Sale-a-bration catalogue:

Birthday card featuring the Celebrate Today and Crazy about You stamp sets
Now it is hard to tell from this photo, but the coloured strip down the length of the card is masked and sponged.  The rest of the white space has the embossed stars on it too!  I used Melon Mambo, Tangelo Twist and Crushed Curry as my colour scheme.  I masked a 1-1/4 section before sponging so that I would have the bold stripe highlighting the star pattern.  The balloon is from the Celebrate Today set and is stamped in Melon Mambo ink on vellum.  I then heat embossed the confetti stars in white on the reverse side...I love the way it looks like a real balloon that you can see through!  I die cut the balloon with the Balloon Framelits and added some Crushed Curry baker's twine.

The word "happy" is die cut using the Hello You Thinlits from Melon Mambo card stock.  The word "birthday", from the Crazy about You set, is stamped in Tangelo Twist ink.  I added one of the Best Year Ever Sale-a-bration buttons so that it looked like the balloon was tied to the button.  The front panel is matted on Melon Mambo card stock and mounted on a Tangelo Twist card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Big News.
On the inside I stamped the balloon again in Melon Mambo and then used a sentiment from the Big News stamp set in Tangelo Twist ink.

I hope my team likes this project tonight!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...