Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Time for a taste of Spring

I don't know about you, but I've had just about enough of winter!  The weather here has been brutally cold the past week with lows that have broken 100+ year-old records.  Add to that a sinus infection that just doesn't want to let go and I need a good dose of Spring!
Today I have a project I designed for my Blendabilities Club this month.  They are receiving the Soft Sky set, so I thought it would be perfect to colour some soft blue eggs...

Shabby chic card featuring the Backyard Basics (retired) stamp set with sentiment from the Crazy About You set.
I decided to go with a Shabby chic look for this one.  The eggs, from the (retired) Backyard Basics stamp set,  are stamped in Crumb Cake ink and coloured using the Soft Sky Blendabilities.  I die-cut them using the coordinating Backyard Basics Framelits (also retired) and arranged them on a nest of Hemp twine I have been hoarding saving for years.  I adhered the nest to a doily from the Artisan Embellishments Kit and layered that on a Sahara Sand card base, stamped using the Hardwood background stamp in Whisper White Craft ink.

The sentiment banner is die-cut using the Label Card Thinlits.  This little banner is actually supposed to pop up, but I found that when I ran it through my Big Shot with Whisper White card stock I only got the cut banner without the score lines, which made it perfect for this project.  I stamped the sentiments from the Crazy About You set in Blushing Bride ink, bending the photopolymer stamps slightly so that they would follow the shape of the banner.  I adhered the banner over the nest using dimensionals.  I added a little rosette and a button from the Artisan Embellishments Kit, as well as a little bow tied from Venetian Crochet Trim.

Inside view with sentiment from the Indescribable Gift set.
On the inside I stamped a sentiment from the Indescribable Gift stamp set in Sahara Sand ink and added a little vellum butterfly, punched with the Bitty Butterfly punch and sponged lightly with Blushing Bride ink, and embellished with three little pearls.


Here's hoping we'll really be able to say "Hello Spring"  sooner than later!

Now for this week's Weekly Deals.  Some great prices on punches!  Remember, these sale prices are only good until Monday at midnight :)

2014-2016 In Color Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack by Stampin' Up!
2014-2016 In Color Backgrounds Designer Series Paper Stack
Price: $26.95  
Sale: $20.21
Amped Up Ampersands Kit -- Digital Download
Amped Up Ampersands Kit - Digital Download
Price: $10.95  
Sale: $6.57
Celebration Basics Kit
Celebration Basics Kit
Price: $18.95 
Sale: $14.21
Daffodil Delight 1/4 Cotton Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon
Price: $7.25  
Sale: $5.44
Mosaic Punch
Mosaic Punch
Price: $21.95 
Sale: $16.46
Pansy Punch
Pansy Punch
Price: $21.95 
Sale: $16.46
Pumpkin Pie 1/4 Cotton Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Cotton Ribbon
Price: $7.25
Sale: $5.44 
What's Up Punch
What's Up Punch
Price: $22.95 
Sale: $17.21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...