Friday, March 20, 2015

Get Well Petals

Happy Friday!  Normally I'd be celebrating the end of another week, but today marks the end of my March Break, so forgive me if I'm a little less enthusiastic than normal ;)
Today I have another project that uses one of my new favourite sets...

Get well card featuring the Painted Petals stamp set, with sentiment from Delightful Dozen (retired)
I hope you're not tired of the Painted Petals set yet...I am just starting to explore its possibilities!  For this card I first stamped the stems and blossoms using Whisper White craft ink on Crumb Cake card stock.  Once that had dried, I stamped right over top of the white images using Old Olive ink for the stems and Rose Red ink for the blossoms.  I then used a blender pen to soften the images and blended them a little with the white ink.  I added some shadows on the stems with a hint of Mossy Meadow ink.  I love the soft, almost pastel-like result!


The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.  I stamped the sentiment, from the long-retired Delightful Dozen stamp set, in Mossy Meadow ink and then punched it with the Artisan Label punch.  I added some white Painted Blooms cotton twine and some little flowers I punched with the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack and embellished with some pearls.  The leaves on the flowers are punched with the Bird Builder punch from Wild Wasabi card stock.  The card is built on a Rose Red card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers.
On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers in Mossy Meadow ink and added another little punched flower.
I have so many friends who are unwell for various reasons...I'm sure this find its way to someone's hands soon!
Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...