Monday, March 9, 2015

Is it Spring yet?

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a great weekend and aren't too bleary-eyed this morning after losing an hour of sleep!  It has been a crazy couple of days!  I had my band up north on Friday for a music festival...they played beautifully and earned a spot in the National festival in May!  I'm so proud of them!!  We were also at the wedding of a friend of my husband's over the weekend so there wasn't much time for stamping.  Fortunately, I still have lots of finished projects to share with you!  This one was for my Blendabilities Club last month...

Easter card featuring the Indescribable Gift stamp set. 
Now, you've likely heard that at the moment Blendabilities are not available for ordering due to quality issues with the manufacturer.  While this is frustrating for everyone, it is best that Stampin' Up! stops selling these products while they resolve the issues.  Think how much more frustrating it would be to order a set of Blendabilities only to have them arrive dried out or with damaged tips!  Once the issues are resolved you can bet Blendabilities will be back and better than ever!
As for how I put this one together, I stamped the focal image, from the Indescribable Gift stamp set, in Crumb Cake ink and then coloured the blossoms with Soft Sky Blendabilities.  I used Old Olive for the leaves, adding highlights with the Colour Lifter.  I added a hint of colour to the branches with the lightest shade in the Crumb Cake Assortment.

The ovals are die-cut using the Ovals Collection Framelits and I used the Occasions Paper-piercing template to add detail to the larger Soft Sky oval.  The card base is made from Crumb Cake card stock and is stamped using the Indescribable Gift stamp set in Crumb Cake ink.   The sentiment is also stamped in Crumb Cake ink.  I added some Painted Blooms Cotton Twine that I pulled apart into three sections so that I would have finer strands.  I threaded a Vintage Faceted button with some of the thinner strands and tie a bow.


On the inside I stamped the blossoms image in Crumb Cake ink and the sentiment in Soft Sky ink.  What a wonderful message for an Easter card!
I hope you have a wonderful week...spring seems to be getting nearer...we're finally on the positive side of zero on the thermometer!  Not long now.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...