Sunday, May 10, 2015

Colour Me Challenged!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there...I hope you are being suitably spoiled today!

It is time for a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  I LOVE the rich combination of shades in this challenge:




Here is my take on it:

Thank you card featuring the Choose Happiness stamp set with sentiment from Painted Petals.
I began with a piece of Basic Black card stock on which I heat embossed the leaf image from the Choose Happiness stamp set using clear embossing powder.  (It doesn't show up well in this photo...check out the one below!).  To create the patterned blue panel, I began with a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock, on which I heat embossed the flower image from the Choose Happiness set using clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged the entire surface with Island Indigo and Smoky Slate ink.  I love the depth that combination gives the images.  I wanted a silver accent, so I heat embossed a Tea Lace Doily using silver embossing powder.  



The focal image is a 2-1/2" circle stamped with the border, bird and flower images from the Choose Happiness set.  The sentiment, from the Painted Petals stamp set, is heat embossed in silver.  I also sponged the edges of the circle in Smokey Slate ink before adhering it to the card front.  I added some long-retired black lace trim, a Vintage Faceted Button and some rhinestones coloured with my beloved Blendabilities (not ever gonna give those up!) by way of embellishment.  The entire panel is adhered to a card base in Island Indigo.


On the inside I stamped the leaves in Smoky Slate ink and the flowers in Island Indigo.  I added a bit of colour by sponging the flowers with Tempting Turquoise ink.
This colour challenge is a great one to get your creative juices flowing.  Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's samples and then give it a go!  Have a happy Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Leena! Your embossing with the sponging is fabulous. Great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leena, your card is stunning! Been waiting to tell you this every since I first saw it! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leena I am new DT member and I love to visiting all DT member on the same group hope you dont mind :)
    Hope you like to visit my DT post too
    I love the way you embossed the black paper
    stunning idea and great idea to embossed with silver your doily
    all in one your card concept is STUNNING
    you give more time to put lovely detail
    ADORABLE DT card Leena
    have a great sunday
    hugs from Germany
    Monika new DT Member at SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! ! All the techniques you used ....amazing. Wish you were in my area. Would attend your classes:). Will have to make do by following your blog. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rosmarie. I am working on starting to offer video tutorials on my projects, so hopefully that will allow you to take a virtual class with me :)

      Delete
  5. so pretty! I love the bird! Happy to be working with you on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Lots of sparkly love on your card!! What an amazing idea to heat emboss the doily!! And I love the details of the black lace...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this creation, Leena! Really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and awesome! I love ALL elements on this card but that Indigo flower embossed panel really caught my eye! I'm definitely pinning this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...