Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Grateful Wings

Happy Hump Day!  Half-way to the weekend...woohoo!

Today I have a card I made a few weeks ago in preparation for an upcoming class.  Check it out:

Thank you card featuring the Watercolor Wings and Endless Thanks stamp sets.
I began by die cutting the solid butterfly image from a piece of scrap card stock using the Bold Butterfly Framelits.  Then, using the negative die cut as a stencil, I sponged the butterfly on a piece of Whisper White card stock using Lost Lagoon ink and a sponge dauber.  I then stamped the detail image from the Watercolor Wings set over top of the stenciled butterfly using Island Indigo ink.  I die cut the stenciled butterfly using the Bold Butterfly Framelits and then rubbed my Versamark ink pad around the edges of the die cut.  I embossed with silver embossing powder...love the look of that technique!

The butterfly is mounted on a panel of silver DSP from the Neutrals Collection DSP stack that I matted on a piece of Island Indigo card stock.  I added some Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin ribbon before adhering the panel to a Lost Lagoon card base that I embossed using the Fluttering TIEF.  The sentiment, from the Endless Thanks stamp set, is stamped in Island Indigo ink.  I added some Bermuda Bay sequin trim for the body of the butterfly and scattered a few loose sequins randomly for additional sparkle.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from the Endless Thanks set using Island Indigo and Lost Lagoon inks.

Have a great day...hope you get a chance to get inky today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...