Friday, August 28, 2015

XL Pillow Box Take Two!

Happy Friday!  I know most people are excited about the weekend, but today marks the end of my summer freedom.  Next week I am back at work all week, preparing my classroom and my courses for the start of the school year on September 8th. Also happening next week is the launch of the new Holiday Catalogue, which means that you'll finally be able to order all of the amazing new products I've been showcasing all month.  I'm pretty pumped about this catalogue, as you can likely tell ;)
Today I have yet another project that showcases new products.  Check it out:

XL Pillow Box featuring the Festive Flower Builder Punch and Reason for the Season stamp set.
Now, in case you missed it, I posted a video tutorial last week on how to create an extra-large pillow box using the new Square Pillow Box Thinlit dies.  I'll post a link to it at the bottom of this post in case you missed it the first time.


To create that beautiful poinsettia, I used the new Festive Flower Builder Punch and the Reason for the Season stamp set. The petals are punched from Real Red card stock and stamped with ink of the same colour. I also sponged around the edges of each petal to add more depth and definition. The leaves are punched from Mossy Meadow card stock and are stamped and sponged using ink of the same shade. The centre of the poinsettia is Hello Honey card stock and I added an Iced Rhinestone embellishment for some sparkle.

The rest of the decoration on the box includes a belly band of Season of Cheer DSP, a Tea Lace doily that I heat embossed in gold for a vintage look and some new White 3/8" glitter rbbon. For the tag, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Reason for the Season stamp set in gold and die cut it using the Lots of Labels Framelits. The box itself is embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF...details in the video on how to do that :)

Speaking of the video, here it is:


Now, here are the products I used to create this project...some are not yet available in the Showcase, so I've listed them below, along with where you can find them in the Holiday Catalogue so you can add them to your Wish List for September 1st ;)

Gold & White 3/8" Glitter Ribbon (139614) pg.29
Square Pillow Box Thinlits Dies (139657) pg. 41


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Great tips...beautiful projects. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...