Sunday, September 6, 2015

Grateful Leaves

Happy last Sunday of summer!  I know Fall doesn't begin for another couple of weeks, but my summer is coming to a close with the start of another school year this Tuesday. I'm not looking forward to the daily chaos that is my life during the school year, but the bills must be paid and the bell will ring bright and early Tuesday morning. To mark the end of summer I am having a special Back-to-School-Back-to-Stamping promotion next week...be sure to check back tomorrow for all of the details. In the meantime, it's time for a new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps...



Here is my fall-themed take on it:

Thank you card featuring the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set and Seasonl Frame Thinlits
Don't you just love the gorgeous leave images in the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set?  I can't seem to get enough of them! I used them to add texture to the card base, stamping in Island Indigo ink on card stock of the same colour. I also used them to create the background layer behind the focal image and sentiment. I stamped the leaf images using Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie inks and then sponged using Daffodil Delight. To complete the background layer I added a hint of Island Indigo ink around the edges. I layered it on a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock that I embossed using the Boho Chic TIEF.

The sentiment is die cut from gold foil sheets using the Seasonal Frame Thinlits and is layered on a piece of Burlap Trim and accented with two die cut leaves. To stamp the leaves I inked the image with Crushed Curry ink and then sponged on Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges using a dauber. I die cut them using the Leaflets Framelits. Peeking out behind the leaves is the centre of a Spider Web Doily that I heat embossed in gold to change the colour.

On the inside of the card I stamped one of the sentiments from the Lighthearted Leaves set and added one more stamped maple leaf.

This colour scheme lends itself perfectly to fall-themed projects.  Give it a go and then share it with us over at Sunday Stamps...we'd love to see your work!

Don't forget to check back here tomorrow for details on my Back-to-School-Back-to-Stamping Promotion.  In the meantime, here are all of the products I used to create this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leena
    I love your DIES sentiment in Gold really add something lovely on your beautiful card design
    great use the color combo from our SS challenge
    Great DT Card
    I am sorry just have time to visitingv other DT cards
    I wish you like to visiting my DT card too
    big hugs, Teammate at SS, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you used the fall leaves here, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...