Friday, January 22, 2016

Global Birthday

Happy Friday! The weekend is almost here...woohoo! I hope you've got some fun plans lined up. I did, but the big snow storm in the Washington D.C. area put an end to those :( I was supposed to fly down to spend some quality girl time with a dear friend, but decided to stay in the great not-so-white North so as not to get snowed in. I'm soooo disappointed! I'll just have to spend some quality time with ink and rubber instead!
Today I have another project I designed for my upcoming Birthday Card Blitz buffet next week...

Birthday Man-card featuring products from the Going Places Suite in the Occasions Catalogue.
My inspiration for this card came from one I saw on Pinterest by Cathy Casey. I began with a piece of Very Vanilla card stock which I embossed with the World Traveller TIEF and layered on a slightly larger piece of Lost Lagoon card stock. I used a strip from the Going Places DSP Stack for my banner and then added the various circle elements. The globe is from the Going Global stamp set and is heat embossed in white on vellum and punched using the 2-1/2" circle punch. The compass, also from the Going Global set, is heat embossed in gold and punched using the 2" circle punch. I used the Starburst Framelits (retired) to die cut the Delightful Dijon circle, which I also sponged using ink of the same colour.

The sentiment is from the Sky is the Limit Sale-a-bration set. I stamped it in Lost Lagoon ink, punched it with the 1-3/4" circle punch and then layered it on a 2" gold foil circle. The only embellishments are a little gold button tied with some linen thread and a few little gold glimmer stars I punched with the Confetti Stars punch. The card is built on a Sahara Sand card base.

On the inside, I stamped the globe in Lost Lagoon ink, stamped off once. The sentiment is also from the Going Global set and is stamped in Delightful Dijon ink.

I hope the weather where you are isn't as frightful as in the D.C. area this weekend! To those in the storm's path, be safe, keep warm and happy stamping!

Here are the products used in this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Great layout and a super masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laurie...I love the new Going Places Suite for masculine cards. It makes them so easy!

      Delete
  2. I love your version Leena! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy...and thanks for the wonderful inspiration!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...