Monday, January 25, 2016

Rosy Birthday

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Although mine wasn't quite what I had planned, it ended up being a good one. It isn't very often that I find myself with unscheduled time on my hands and it was nice to just do what I felt like doing, rather than what I HAD to do.
Today I have a project I designed using the more new products from the Occasions Catalogue...

Birthday card featuring the Rose Garden Thinlits dies with sentiment from Butterfly Basics.
This card features something old, new and blue! The roses were die-cut from Bermuda Bay card stock using the new Rose Garden Thinlits dies...aren't they stunning?  I layered them against an Early Espresso backdrop...I love the contrast these colours create...so yummy. The Fine-tip Glue Pen is essential to glue these die-cuts down without a sticky mess! To add sparkle, I brushed my roses with the clear Wink of Stella glitter pen...not sure it shows in the photo, but it adds some stunning shimmer to those roses.

The sentiment is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set and is stamped in Early Espresso ink on the Bermuda Bay mat. By way of embellishment, I used some Early Espresso satin ribbon (retired) and layered some 1/8" Bermuday Bay taffeta ribbon (retired) over top. I added a (also retired! )Something Borrowed rhinestone embellishment, which I used as a ribbon slide for the Bermuda Bay ribbon.

On the inside, I stamped the rose image from the Rose Wonder stamp set in Early Espresso ink. The sentiment is from the Happy Happenings set and is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.

This project is one I'll be featuring in my upcoming I Never Promised You A Rose Garden class...shhh...it's a surprise bonus project. Don't tell anyone, ok??  In the meantime, here are the products I used to create this card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love how you used the Framelits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! These dies make it easy to make detailed cards :)

      Delete
  2. Your card is beautiful! This is maybe a dumb question, but when using the Fine Tip Glue Pen, do you use it on the entire rose die cut? If so, doesn't it dry before you get it all covered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a dumb question at all! I tend to just use little dots of glue all over the die cut, rather than tracing the entire thing. I find it is neater and I can get it stuck down before the glue dries. Thanks for you kind comment :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...