Saturday, March 26, 2016

Blooms for You

Happy Saturday...are you surprised to hear from me? I don't usually post on Saturdays, but since I've got an extra-long weekend, I thought I would show you this pretty card I designed for my upcoming Birthday Bouquet Suite class next week.

Mother's Day card featuring products from the Birthday Bouquet Suite.
This class is all about soft and pretty flowers. I love the images in the Birthday Blooms stamp set and wanted to highlight a few of them on this project. I began with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" Mint Macaron card base on which I stamped the large flower image from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in Mint Macaron ink. I added a strip of Birthday Bouquet DSP in the pink striped pattern. The label is die-cut using the Lots of Labels Framelits from another pattern in the Birthday Bouquet pack. I added some gold metallic thread before adhering it to my card.



The flower is heat embossed in gold on Whisper White card stock. I coloured it using an Aqua Painter filled with rubbing alcohol and my Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron ink pads. I then fussy-cut the flower with my paper snips. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold on Whisper White card stock and punched using the 1-3/4" circle punch. I layered it on an off-set gold metallic foil doily. Both the flower and the sentiment are adhered to the card using dimensionals. The final touch was some Blushing Bride enamel accents from the Love Blossoms Embellishment kit...they have such subtle sparkle to them!

Inside view with sentiment from the Greatest Greetings stamp set.
On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I heat embossed in gold the sentiment from the Greatest Greetings stamp set and the flower image from the front of the card.

I love the softness of this project...I hope my class participants will too!  Be sure to stop by tomorrow for a new colour challenge from Sunday Stamps! Have a happy Saturday!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...