Sunday, May 8, 2016

Shiny Sunday and Sneak Peeks

Happy Mother's Day! I hope today finds you celebrating with those you love. Unfortunately my mom lives too far away for me to be able to spend the day with her, but I sure will do my best to make sure she knows just how much she is loved and appreciated.
Today marks the start of a new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...







 This sketch is soooo versatile! The possibilities are virtually endless, though we are encouraged to create a scene with it. So here is my project for the Design Team...


 Can you spot the new products on this card?? There are two items from the upcoming 2016/17 Annual Catalogue. Firstly I began with some Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP...in fact, it was the pattern on the piece that I used that inspired this entire project! I layered behind the DSP a piece of Cucumber Crush card stock which I had embossed with the Softly Falling TIEF and sponged lightly with ink of the same colour. The sunburst is die-cut from Daffodil Delight card stock using the Sunburst Thinlits (which are carrying over into the new catty...yay!). I stamped each ray with the dotted border from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set using Daffodil Delight ink. Then I sponged the edges of the die-cut and added sparkled with the clear Wink of Stella glitter pen.


 The swirly gold die-cut behind the sentiment was created with the second new product I used called Swirly Scribbles Thinlits. Let me just say they are the bomb!! I am in love with them! Here I die cut the largest swirl from gold foil sheets. The sentiment is from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set and is heat embossed in gold. I added a few gold sequins for just a little more sparkle. The whole card is built on a piece of Pool Party card stock and then adhered to a Night of Navy card base.

On the inside I added a Whisper White panel on which I stamped another of the sentiments from the Sunburst Sayings set in Night of Navy ink. I added a stamped swirl in Daffodil Delight from another new product called Swirly Bird. This stamp set coordinates perfectly with the Swirls and Scribbles Thinlits and will be available in a discounted bundle June 1st. The final touch on the inside was a little gold glimmer heart punched with Heart Border punch, which will be retiring June 1st.

Be sure to check back this week as I showcase more new products. I'm having great fun getting to know the new In-Colours and all the fabulous new possibilites they offer. In the meantime, but sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give this sketch a try...it is a great one!


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$37.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

8 comments:

  1. That's awesome Leena! The gold die cut under the sun is fabulous!! Love your layered papers too. Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy...I am love the new products!

      Delete
  2. Love how you used your papers, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun scene! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was quite impressed with how you used the new Swirly Scribbles and the Sunburst Sayings. Very, very pretty creation and I love the flower fields with the new DSP. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette...I love that new DSP...so many possibilities!

      Delete
  5. Totally awesome card, Leena ~ it will warm the heart of the lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...